Monday, February 22, 2010

Dreaming of Spring...
I found this beautiful piece of barkcloth in my one of my favorite antique mall booths last weekend! Isn't it gorgeous? I adore vintage barkcloth, but it's hard to find around here and I'm always on the lookout for it, so I was so pleased to find this lovely piece! It's not really a pillow yet, I just wrapped the fabric around another pillow, but it will do for now- until I learn to sew....
I just love the pretty shades of pinks and greens and the wonderful texture of the barkcloth fabric. Floral fabrics are one of my very favorite things to decorate with! They are so cheerful and in the dreary, grey days of winter, they remind me that Spring will always come again. Most importantly, they remind me of my sweet mama, who also loves roses. I grew up in a home surrounded by her beautiful gardens and also she is an amazing artist who paints the most gorgeous oil paintings of roses! All these beautiful flowers have me exited to get out all my pretty rose dishes and decorate my hutch and the rest of my home for Spring and Easter!
Michelle xoxo

14 comments:

Lori said...

Michelle, your mother's garden is so gorgeous!!! the color is incredible...love the fabric you found...and i just love stopping over and seeing that stunning pillow in your banner!!!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Roses are my favorite...I can never part from them in my decor or to plant outside.

The barkcloth is lovely...sometimes I see it but do not like the shades of flowers..this perfect and who cares if you can't sew..I thought it was a pillow already :)

Tanza said...

Hi Michelle,
What a beautiful piece of barkcloth .. that's getting harder to find all the time ..I'm blessed to have a couple beautiful pillows made with some of this in the center of them .. and, all your blooming flowers .. gorgeous !! Have a happy week ~
hugs ~tea~xo

June said...

Hi Michelle,
I loved the picture of the gorgeous rose covered arbor! Your bark cloth is beautiful and I love floral fabrics too. They just a so cheery.
I enjoyed your post about your first Estate sale. You found some great treasures.
hugs

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the pillow and the gardens! Beautiful!
Debbie-Dabble

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'm not a sewer either and "make" pillows just like you do! It's snowing here today in New England so I think I too will bring some spring to the inside of my nest!

Claudia said...

I love barkcloth, too! I can't resist it. But it is hard to find around here, too. Yours is lovely and you could just leave it wrapped around the pillow - it is perfect that way.

Claudia

Lululiz said...

Oh, that really is a lovely fabric!

Cathy said...

Michelle,

The garden photo is 2DIE4. Oh my goodness, how stunning is that!

Wow!

xo Cathy

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, the garaden is lovely. The rose covered arbor is stunning and I'm crazy for those pillows! I have the same white wicker chair, so I know those pillow would look fabulous sitting in mine ha! ;)

Your boys are so adorable!

Cheers!

Your new follower,
Tina

Ticking and Toile said...

Michelle,
Wow ~ what beautiful garden pictures!! Those roses are just stunning! Definitely got the bug for spring :-)

Shellagh

vintagesue said...

love the barkcloth!!! i found a $10 vintage sears sew machine in a thrift shop and watched you tube videos to learn how to use it!! my husband helped me figure it out and now i can make EASY straight stitch pillow shams. that is about all though....sewing is hard for me.
your mom's garden is a delight. i know you all have fun together....
be safe with the snow and cold there!! take care
sue

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hello Michelle, just popping in to say "HI". I love the Vintage Barkcloth you found. It has some wonderful roses!! I love creating pillows using Vintage Barkcloth and other vintage fabrics; makes them so special and unique! I currently have 2 lovely Vintage Rose Barkcloth pillows listed on Ebay....Kinda hoping they don't sell 'cuz they look sooo perfect in my home :)

You have such a lovely blog, and I will be popping in now and then to see what new and exciting things you have to share with all of us.

Take care, warmest, Brenda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.