Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!!
I hope you are all having a sweet Valentines Day with someone you love. I'm spending the day at home with all four of my sweet men! Yesterday I found something I have been searching for- this lovely cream pillow with great texture and crochet trim. I found it at Big Lots! I wanted one like this because I can't sew, but have been really wanting to make a pretty pillow like the ones you can see in the blog banner of the beautiful blog, Dream in Cream!I started by adding some gorgeous vintage lace. I used a vintage collar at the top and a pretty large doily piece for a pocket at the bottom.Then I tucked in a photo of my grandmother and her little sister and some sweet sheet music.To finish it off I added this fabulous vintage rhinestone pin!And I'm so happy with the results!!! I might have to go back to Big Lots and buy one more so I can make another one!I promised last post to show you what I found while antiquing with my sweet mama when she was here visiting. Sadly, I forgot to take photos of the pretty birthday presents I gave her, but here are the things I found and kept for myself!Love this vintage book I found, copyright 1888! I love the title too- "The Midnight Queen"!It's pages are perfectly aged, all brown around the edges. I also found this fun "dishes" flash card.
A photo of two sisters, Maggie May and Ethel Gertrude, ages 16 and 18. The date July 1899 in Atlanta Georgia. I love it when the names and other information are written on the back!A pretty necklace (not so vintage!) that i found at American Eagle outfitters. They have lots of pretty jewelry in there- who knew? Now get off the computer and go kiss your sweetheart! That's what I'm going to do!Michelle xoxo

20 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

WOW How lovely.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I adore those pillows too! Your creation in just as lovely. Enjoy your day!

Jamie said...

Your pillow turned out beautifully!! I can't stay away from Big Lots:) Love all the photos sweetie! Love, Jamie

Jonny said...

Hi, You have a beautiful site I love what you did to the pillow Thank you for sharing Jonny

Linda K. said...

Sweet post and your pillow is adorable! I'll have to check out Big Lots!.

Linda

Lori said...

Michelle, i am swooning over here!!! your pillow is absolutely amazing and gorgeous...ooooooh, i just love it so!!! you really made something special for yourself...happy valentines day...LOVE your new blog look, it is so romantic and pretty!!!

One Cheap B*tch said...

So pretty and so happy to have found your blog! New follower!

vintagesue said...

MY EYES JUST POPPED OUT!!!!!! your blog looks amazing!!! i adore it. you did well!!! hope all is well and the kids enjoyed the snow (i hope you got some!!) take care
s

Cottage Rose said...

Love your pretty pillow,,, such a cleaver and creative Lady you are... it looks so nice in the chair.... I also love the goodies you found,, love the photos of the sisters,, and the book sounds like a good one,,,lol

Have a great week...

Happy Valentine's Day

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
I just found your blog through Designs by Terri Gordon and I absolutely love it. Your three boys are so adorable. I am a mom as well to two sweet boys ages 5 and 22 months. I grew up in Texas and moved to California when I was 14 so I know how it is to miss your home state, I always missed Texas after we moved to California. Please stop by and visit my two blogs if you get a chance.
Happy Valentines Day.
Sincerely,
Melinda
Alabaster Rose Designs
15 Bella Vie

said...

Such a gorgeous, gorgeous palette.

Doni said...

Oh my....I think I've died and gone to heaven and it's full of LACE!!!! How beautiful! Your blog is awesome and I'm so glad I just found it! I'm a follower now!!

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Mars said...

Hello, just saw your beautiful pictures over on flickr and had to come and see more. The pillow is lovely perfect for Valentines. Hugs, Diane

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Your blog is an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog.

Lisa

Paula said...

Dear Michelle,

Oh, you did a beautiful job with your pillow!!! It is gorgeous!!! Such pretty antique finds too! Your photos are so lovely! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Love, Paula

Maija said...

You made everything look so perfectly lovely!!!

Elyse said...

what a beautiful post. your pillow came out amazing! and your vintage (and new) finds are lovely. you have a great eye!

love the last line of this post. good idea!

xo
elyse

Tracey said...

Beautiful xxx

MJ Ornaments said...

What a great idea for a pillow Michelle, it's just beautiful. Thanks for popping by my blog. Take care, Martha