Sunday, February 28, 2010

Loving blue and white...
I love blue and white dishes. It's such a fresh and pretty color combination. I finally saw the premier issue of the new magazine we have all been waiting for, Flea Market Style, and I LOVED every page!!!! Their article on blue and white dishes made me want to pull mine out of the cupboard and share them with you.
I don't have a large collection, just 6 pieces, but lately I've been thinking small collections with only very favorite pieces are best since I love to collect so many different things. A girl only has so much space to store and display her collections!
Just one of my blue and white plates is actually vintage. This sweet dessert plate. I love how soft and faded the blues are both the dish and on the postcard.
The next three dishes are all new from Marshalls. Oh, how I adore discount stores!
This next beauty is from the beautiful (and delicious smelling!) Crabtree and Evelyn. I may add to my collection someday, but only if I really love the piece and it's cheap, too! I actually did not buy the Flea Market Style magazine when I saw it. I devoured the pages while sitting in an office chair at Fry's waiting for sweet husband to do his boring man shopping. It was so good, though. Even better than I'd hoped for. They featured so many of my favorite things all in one magazine! Every page was beautiful! I think I'll go get it at Walmart because they are 10% off there. It will only save one dollar, but every dollar I save can go toward another pretty treasure! And boy, does that Flea Market Style magazine have me wanting to go antique shopping!!!I do have a few other pretty blue and white treasures that are not dishes that I will have to share with you in other post!
Michelle xoxo

26 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love blue & white too...your plates are so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Blue and white plates are still one of my fav things to collect. Hope you have a great Sunday, T

Lululiz said...

Your plates are so pretty!

rosenresli said...

Your dishes are so adorable and I love them. I have some blue and white dishes to, from germany, portugal and the netherlands and have them on a great board in my kitchen. And I collect other kitchenalia in blue and white and your are absolutely right - it looks so fresh and bright and we will always find a place for our treasures.

Have a nice week,
rosenresli

Garden Cats + Crafts said...

Dear Michelle, I like and also collect blue and white crockery. You can see it on my blog. This magazine, I would sure love it. Unfortunately, I get it here in Germany. Wonderful photos.
xoxo Birgit

Tammy/Yesterday's Cottage said...

Hi Michelle -
Such a pretty post! I think I need a room for every beautiful color I love. When my kitchen went to a soft green/pink roses look, I got rid of all my blue. Now I want it back! Hubby will be so pleased - LOL!
Have a great day!
Tammy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Just love your blue dishes! I have just enough to fit in one China Hutch and that is it because I too need room for all of my other collections!
Debbie

June said...

I love blue and white Michelle. Your plates are so pretty and everyone of them I would want to have in my collection. I really love the last plate you showed us. You can never have too much blue and white I say. I think it will always be in style.
hugs

Doni said...

Oh how pretty! Thank so much for sharing that. I love the first plate too, but I have the say that the storebought one with the bird is gorgeous! Have a good week!
Doni

Sweet Sage said...

LoVeLy!

Martha's Favorites said...

I love your blue and white dishes, they are beautiful. Thanks for the pretty eye candy. Blessings, Martha

LisaMatilda said...

Lovely plates. Blue and white are so beautiful!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Michelle, I have awarded you a Kreativ Blogger award, come here to get it.

http://bellasrosecottage.blogspot.com/2010/03/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Bella

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I am sooo loving blue these days. Very pretty. Every time I visit your blog and see cutie #3 I just crack up. He is so darn cute.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I don't know why that I've been drooling at your blue plates for hours.. sooo beautiful! and make me want to have some.. i don't know why.. blue starting to get me on..

Lori said...

Michelle, your plates are gorgeous!! i know what you mean about liking so many things...i am like that too...i have way too much "stuff"...and no place to put a lot of it...

Paula said...

Dear Michelle,

Your blue dishes are so pretty! I especially love the vintage one with the vintage postcard. That is such a lovely shade of blue. I enjoyed your pretty White Wednesday post and the barkcloth you found is gorgeous!

Love, Paula

mary pernula said...

Very nice of you to share your dishes, I to have ao many type of collections going on, I buy dishes when they are cheap as well. Thanks for sharing, please stop by my blog and pay a visit, I am looking for new blog friends. xo Mary

Jan Thomason said...

Michelle, your dishes are so pretty - i especially like that vintage dessert plate!
i collect vintage dinnerware, not all blue, just a hodge podge, but we use them every day.

You visited my blog, the Polka Dot Barn, and when I came over to look at your blog I saw that you live in Austin. I know you've visited my blog before, but I don't remember if i realized you lived in austin.
i live outside of kerrville...by fredericksburg? comfort? any of those ringing a bell?
jan

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Oh my goodness! I see we share the same love of blue & white plates! Yours are gorgeous! (Some of mine came from Marshall's, too.) ;)

Jane said...

Your blue and white plates are really lovely. Your pictures really showcased them!! Have fun finding more.
Jane

The Victorian Parlor said...

It's all beautiful!!!

Blessings,

Kim

anything shabby chic said...

I just love discount stores and saving money for other treaures to buy. Your plates are very pretty even the marshall's ones look vintage! Thank you for stopping by my blog and following it. I love your blog, very shabby!!

Rebecca

Mitzi Curi said...

I agree that the Flea Market Style mag is fantastic. I feel like I finally found a magazine that fits me perfectly, like a pair of good shoes....Your blue and white plates look lovely together. I'm going to spend a little time reading your past posts, I haven't been here in a long time. Your blog is great!

Sylvia said...

Ohhh I am drooling over your blue and white plates...I too am a collector of blue and white..come check out my spring giveaway...

Sylvia

mary pernula said...

Love the dishes. I am also a collector of dishes........all kinds in every pattern. I am a quilter so all patterns and colors seem to call my name. Love your blog, I plan on comming back for a visit. HUGS MARY