Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thrift store treasure....
Yesterday our little family braved the pouring rain so we could check out the thrift stores. We only made it to one, but I found a couple little goodies and this is one of them. This sweet vintage Madonna figurine.
In the past, I never gave a second thought to this type of thing, but lately I have been seeing some beautiful vintage religious collectibles on other ladies' blogs (like this one and this one on Posy's blog) and was wanting to find something like this. So I was thrilled to find this lovely treasure for only $1.50!She has such a pretty face and I love that she is holding pink roses! I think she looks right at home on my favorite aqua shelf ! I promise to show you my other thrifty finds in my next post!
Michelle xoxo

8 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

What a lovely Madonna figurine, it looks just perfect on your aqua coloured shelf. The jug compliments the display.
I hope that despite the rain, you are having a good weekend
Isabelle x

icandy... said...

So very sweet! Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Christina

stefanie said...

what a beautiful find, very lucky, or she was just waiting for the perfect someone.

blushing rose said...

I love the Madonna vases & planters of your ... Have a great week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Vicki said...

Hi, Michelle,
She is beautiful and looks just right on that aqua shelf with the pink rose pitcher. I will be looking forward to seeing your other finds. Have a beautiful week. Vicki

Lori said...

she is lovely...i find myself lately looking at religious things when i am out shopping...madonnas and prayer cards...i am not catholic either...i am just drawn to the serenity and pretty colors on those objects...

June said...

It looks like you made it to the right thrift shop. Your vignette is perfect. I love it Michelle!
Hugs,
June

shabbyscraps said...

oh my goodness , this is soooo pretty!!! hope you are doing well!
xoxo, Tiffany