Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thrift store treasures: Part 2
A few days ago I showed you one of my thrift store finds and promised to show the rest in my next post, but promptly forgot to do so! Here are my other fun finds from that rainy day. These fabulous mercury glass candle holders!
I had been drooling over the pretty photos of beauties like these on other blogs for years, but rarely found any and when I did they were quite pricey! Last Christmas my sweet husband and boys bought me the two pretty ones you see below and they found them for only $3 and $4!! And the ones I found at the thrift store last weekend were only $1.50 for the small one and $2.00 for the large ones!! So I have a gorgeous mercury glass candle holder collection for a total of only $12.50!! Now I just need some white candles. I think they would be so pretty on my hutch for Christmas. I found a photo of my Christmas hutch from a few years ago. I had totally forgotten that I had decorated it this way and I love it! I plan to do the same look this year, but with my new candle holders!
Michelle xoxo

21 comments:

Lori said...

Michelle, i LOVE your mercury glass...i think it is so pretty too...and it pairs so beautifully with white...your shelves look so pretty!!!

The Green Pea said...

Michelle, great find with the mercury glass and you sweeties 1,2&3 are soooooo cute! sandi

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Great finds.... It must have been waiting just for you.....

June said...

Those were a great find! I love the hutch decked out for the holiday, and it will be even prettier with your new mercury glass. I love mercury glass too.
Hugs,
June

Connie said...

Gasp(!!!!) and drool, sugar! Those are beautiful and I LOOOOVE what you've done with them.....
xoxo,
Connie

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

oh my gosh 12.50 for them ALL!!! you are one lucky girl. They are beautiful and especially with the holidays coming.

xoxo Heather

vosgesparis said...

Hello there
At first a thank yuou for folowing my blog! Your mercury glass is very lovely |I am collecting it for two years now and mix it all together for Christmas time. One big glass has found a new place in my bedroom in front of a big french mirror... I have been chasing that one for years and finaly got it last year
See you again soon
all the best from Holland,
desiree

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Thanks so much for your prayers. I so appreciate you!

Preemie Donna said...

Lucky Girl. My thrift store only has old cloths nothing that great. As always I love come see what you have done.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! ;) Love, love, love them...

And your Christmas decor from last year is stunning! I really love it and look forward to seeing what you do this year...

Vicki said...

Hi, Michelle,
The mercury glass candle holders are so pretty. They will look wonderful with your Christmas arrangements. How sweet of your family to buy two of them for you. You all got some great buys, too. Sending autumn blessings your way. Vicki

Stephenie said...

OH My!! That mercury glass is so pretty.. What a great find.. I agree with Lori, your shelves look soooooo pretty..
STephenie

Pinkie Denise said...

Oh what a wonderful find Michelle, I love these too. Pinkie

the wild raspberry said...

it is beautiful...i love decorating for christmas!!
have a wonderful day~
chasity

Sandi said...

I love mercury glass too!! It will look so pretty in your hutch this year!
Blessings~

BALLET NEWS said...

WOW - you've certainly found some treasures here !

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your shelf is beautifully decorated! I especially love the Paris sign and the Eiffeltowers. Julia :-)

gabrielle said...

love these!

Tanza said...

Hi Michelle,
what a beautiful mercury glass collection you have going .. I too, have pieces that I just adore.. They are soo pretty by candle light, or little twinkie lights surrounding them..I LoVe how you've displayed them.. Have a happy Monday !!
hugs ~tea~xo

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What lovely finds! And your boys are sooo cute!

I know what it is like being away form the family in California. I live in Oregon and all of my family is in California too! Hang in there!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Debra Howard said...

Your mercury glass is beautiful. I have a collection of it and just love how pretty it looks in any room.
Debbie